Writing from Asheville, N.C. I craft articles, annual reports, brochures, e-newsletters, press releases, website copy, and manuals for local and national organizations and publishers. I reliably deliver engaging and organized work to clients who appreciate my versatility, attention to detail, creative spark, and enthusiastic nature.
I write about the outdoors, conservation, history, sustainability and stories of human interest.
- A.T. Journeys, Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- The Laurel of Asheville
- Blue Ridge Outdoors
- Charleston Regional Business Journal
- The News Record & Sentinel
I have ten years of experience as a writer and editor for organizations working to create positive social change and protect the environment.
Business clients include:
- Leadership Greater Washington
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- Lowcountry Environmental Education Program
- The Harmony Project
- National Conference for Community and Justice, as well as
- employment with the public radio station WNCW 88.7 FM.
Other notable achievements
- Wrote and produced an award winning annual report for Leadership Greater Washington in 2004 that received acclaim at the National Leadership Institute.
- My personal narrative of hiking the Appalachian Trail in a skirt was produced on stage by the Phoenix Theater Company in 2004.